I’m still one of the new guys on the blogosphere block, but the neighborhood is getting more welcoming, more like a community. They even give out awards here.
Mark Bialczak, my longtime writing buddy, kindly nominated me for the Lighthouse Award (for “a blog that brings light to a dark world”). Check out Mark’s blog and you’ll see that applies to his posts as well.
So I figure I would nominate a few bloggers myself. It’s impossible to sample most of what’s out there, but it’s certainly worth trying. Here’s how the Lighthouse Award works, if you want to join in and nominate someone:
1. Display the award certificate on your blog.
2. Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Inform your nominees of their award nomination.
4. Share three ways you like to help others.
5. Nominate as many blogs as you want.
6. Have fun!
Three ways I like to help people:
1. Shave my head each March for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, which funds pediatric cancer research.
2. Collect and deliver food, clothing and running shoes to the homeless and patrons of soup kitchens and free clinics.
3. “Err in the direction of kindness” as much as possible, to quote author George Saunders.
My nominees for The Lighthouse Award:
Take a few of these blogs for a spin around the block. Welcome to the neighborhood!